Job is no longer available
Business Development Co-ordinator (maternity cover < 14 months)
Arup is an independent firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world. As a wholly independent organisation, we are owned in trust for the benefit of our employees with no shareholders or external investors we determine our own business priorities and direction.
Arup has had an office in Belfast city centre since 2000 and, today, has a well-developed and growing business. Our staff play a central role in many of Northern Ireland’s most significant infrastructure and building projects. We also provide planning, economic consultancy, strategic resilience and sustainability services.
Our work in Northern Ireland includes the engineering of major highway projects, such as the dualling of the A26 and A8, as well as railway feasibility and design. Arup played a central role in the environmental planning and design of the National Trust’s award-winning Giant’s Causeway Visitor Centre, and, more recently, we have been engineering designers for the transformation of Windsor Park into the National Football Stadium.
This is an opportunity for a Business Development Coordinator to join our Belfast office for a maternity cover contract for up to 14 months.
• Administer Arup Belfast’s use of the bids site in order to manage the production and upload of bid documents.• Work closely with Arup Belfast bidding teams to prepare bid documentation.
• Maintain Arup Belfast’s registration with local NI bidding portals, working as necessary with wider UKMEA BD staff to resolve issues as they arise.
• Develop and update CVs, case studies, project lists and other material for inclusions in expressions of interest, prequalification questionnaires, invitations to tender and other bid documents.
• Support development of relationships with existing and new clients through participation in the organisation of client events, other networking opportunities and through client/ market research.
• Assist with production of marketing collateral for external communications, including content for Arup.com.
• Assist with the creation of presentations for client meetings, working with the West visual communications team.
• Coordinate and/or assist with the submission of award entries.
• Maintain and update Arup Belfast contacts and marketing lists via CRM and coordinate client mail-outs of Arup publications.
• Gather information regarding clients to inform client relationship management, plans and activities.
• Work closely and communicate regularly with the wider West business development and marketing team as well as with BD and marketing staff across the sub-region to input on shared initiatives.
Requirements and Skills
This is an opportunity for someone with bidding and business development support experience (typically around 2 years), either in a formal BD role or in a more informal business services position. You will need to be flexible in combining bidding, client relationship administration and marketing activities. Strong IT skills, a willingness to adapt to news systems and practices, and a commitment to team work are key features of this role.
Essential skills and knowledge:
• Experience in using one or more of the major UK bidding portals, preferably those deployed for public sector procurement.
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
• Some experience of using Microsoft Sharepoint.
• Strong project administration/coordination skills.
• Skills in, and commitment to, team-based working and joint delivery of deliverables, at times working as part of a ‘virtual’ team across a range of geographies.
Desirable skills and knowledge:
• Experience of bid coordination.
• Experience of using client relationship management software.
• Skills in client and project research.
• Copywriting skills.
• Experience of event organisation.
Reward and Benefits
We offer a competitive salary at all levels, and one of the best benefits package in our sector.
Core benefits include cover under the UK Healthcare Plan (private medical insurance), Life Assurance, Accident Insurance, and Income Protection (long term disability) cover. Core benefits are funded by us and made available to all permanent and specific term staff in order to support and safeguard your financial, physical and mental wellbeing. Although specific-term employees cannot access the firm’s Flexible Benefit scheme, you will benefit from receiving the grade-related flex fund as additional cash.
In addition specific term employees are eligible for the Global Profit Share scheme. Subject to scheme rules employees can receive two Profit Share payments per year, which are dependent on the firm’s financial performance.
Share this page: