Job is no longer available
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€27 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
Our LVE plant in Telford manufactures large, complex switchgear units to be installed in a wide variety of buildings, including schools and hospitals. This highly responsible role will involve the final inspection and testing of Schneider Electric Ltd products, ensuring compliance with both company quality procedures and customer expectations. It's a rigorous process involving interrogating the relevant drawings/schematics, procedure manuals, product specifications verifying both the electrical/mechanical functionality of Schneider’s products and the customer’s configurations.Deliverables
The Test Engineer will monitor, validate and apply procedures detailed within the appropriate test and inspection manuals to ensure correct procedures and specifications are being met.
As part of this role you will be required to maintain and observe all Health & Safety requirements and comply with company policies & procedures.
The successful candidate will be required to be proactive and have a clear understanding of Quality assurance standards (ISO 9000 and 14000) and electrical testing standards. You must be prepared to undertake regular skill re-evaluation audits and undertake relevant when required.
You will also be:
· Competent in general electrical / electronic principles.
· Able to promotes and demonstrate a commitment to continuous improvement
· Able to standardize the quality process, using information collected from the operations and then applying problem-solving techniques
· Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
· Understand basic mechanical principles of product operation
· Be competent in the reading of schematics, engineering drawings and work instructions
· Be able to learn and apply knowledge of Company policies and procedures
Primary Location: United Kingdom-England-Telford
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Share this page: