Safety Specialist opportunities in the UK (Various Locations)
We are Amazon; we pioneer.
Since opening in 1995, we’ve been pushing the boundaries of possible further and further.
And year-on-year, as we continue to grow, we need to work as smart as we can, to keep all our team members safe, fulfilled, motivated and empowered. To help us achieve this, we’re seeking an enthusiastic Safety Specialist. With your Bias for Action we will need you to step in and support the Health and Safety (EHS) team in one of our Fulfillment Centers.
The successful candidate will be an experienced, innovative and hands-on individual who is passionate about Health and Safety in a professional context. In time, we’ll expect you to become as customer-centric as we are and apply this to your work each day.
You will also need to be able to identify, coordinate and drive improvements in Safety, while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders. The Safety Specialist will report directly to the Fulfillment Center EHS Manager.
Assisting with the delivery of safety performance and monitoring, in line with personnel, team and functional goals and objectives,
· Facilitating and/or arranging training programs on critical Fulfillment Center EHS issues,
· Supporting the implementation of EHS programs within Fulfillment Center Operations, while delivering key risk assessment activities,
· Driving compliance with local and EU legislation,
· Ensuring that EHS systems are kept accurate at all times, with completed incident reports, alongside all supporting documentation,
· Assisting the EHS Manager with the construction of incident prevention programs,
· Contributing to Fulfillment Center requests for improvement of on-site safety and positively impact accident trends,
· Preparing responses to insurers or solicitors in response to any personal injury claims,
· Participating in the EU Fulfillment Center EHS Safety Audit Programme,
· Assisting with the coordination and training of new Health and Safety team members,
· Acting as a proxy for the EHS Manager, as and when required,
· Arranging, facilitating and contributing to Fulfillment Center Safety Steering Committee meetings,
· Arranging and conducting basic surveys and checks in the Fulfillment Center environment, looking into facility processes, Health and Safety supplies as well as employee behaviors.
· You’re qualified to NEBOSH Diploma/NVQ5 or Degree Level, or you’re willing to achieve this goal within an agreed timescale,
· You’re able to demonstrate an in-depth understanding of essential Environment, Health and Safety legislation
· You hold alternative or equivalent qualifications: candidates with relevant experience, from backgrounds that may differ from Safety disciplines, will also be considered
·You possess experience of Lean, 5S and Kaizen methodologies,
·Qualifications or experience of environmentally-conscious initiatives would be advantageous.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Share this page: