Each year, Arup seeks out students from across the world for their acclaimed summer internship programme.
Arup is interested in students from rigorous academic programmes who are ready to jump into the professional world and directly have an impact on Arup’s work.
Arup looks for diverse students with inquisitive minds and the desire to challenge themselves and the status quo. Arup's interns learn quickly, are natural problem solvers and thrive on innovation.
Arup seeks to promote its professional disciplines to school children and students by securing new partnerships with key organisations such as Engineering UK, Inspiring the Future, and the Stephen Lawrence Trust.
Arup offers paid summer internships where you can work alongside talented professionals and contribute to the success of real projects. In addition to on-the-job experience, Arup offers learning sessions with top leadership, site visits to local projects and social events.
During your time at Arup, you'll collaborate with their staff on important projects. Responsibilities vary depending on position but generally include:
- working closely with senior engineers on multiple projects
- assisting in design and analysis
- preparing and reviewing drawings
- participating in interdisciplinary meetings
Arup's ideal candidate
Arup only hires the best. A few characteristics they look for include:
- enrolment as a full time undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited degree program related to the internship
- minimum of two completed upper division courses within related discipline
- excellent academic standing
- prior project and/or internship experience
- excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team
- self-motivated, innovative thinker and willing to take on new challenges
Interns often join Arup full time upon graduation to begin long-lasting, fulfilling careers.
Interns can apply for summer or mid-year placements in the UK on Arup’s careers portal. Vacancies for Graduate Architect Part I or II positions, usually become available for applications around May each year on Arup Associates website.
Find out more