An apprenticeship with GKN gives you the opportunity to learn real job skills with one of the world’s leading engineering companies.
Benefits as an apprentice at GKN include:
- earn while you learn - as an apprentice you'll earn and learn on the job from experienced colleagues to gain job specific skills
- receive world class training - throughout your apprenticeship you will work with highly skilled engineers from different areas, you'll have the opportunity to build your professional skills and receive personal development, supplemented with formal learning at school/college and in-house training
- gain industry-recognised qualifications - GKN apprenticeships lead to many different qualifications and, in some cases, there is also the opportunity to go on and study for a degree
- learn subject-specific skills - your training will be tailored to teach you the skills you'll need in future roles, dependent on your interests
- develop in a growing company - as a successful global company, GKN offers excellent career opportunities for people with the ability and drive to help them deliver their exciting growth strategy. They offer challenging and rewarding roles across multiple disciplines, and opportunities to develop professional technical and leadership career paths
- opportunity for onward employment - many of GKN's apprentices go on to join their teams and build long-term careers with GKN. Depending on your performance as an apprentice, at the end of your training GKN hopes to offer you a position at one of GKN’s sites
- get involved in community projects – apprentices across GKN are supporting their local communities through a variety of different social projects. These are fantastic opportunities to make a difference to causes that matter to you.
Meet some of GKN's apprentices
Hear what some of GKN's apprentices have to say about working for the company.
“It is a sum of inexplicable emotions: the adventure of work experience, the learning process, and the opportunity of having new good friends….Thanks a lot for giving me the opportunity to belong to the generation of new talent from 2015-2016 and now belong to the group of employees of GKN Driveline México,” says Deyanira Arias, GKN Driveline, Mexico.
“Participating in the SENAI program is a unique opportunity and I have been learning a lot. Classroom knowledge, practical experience and technical drawings development are activities that challenges me to learn more and more every day. The SENAI GKN project is a great initiative for the entire local community, it offers technical learning opportunity for many young people,” says Arielli Vasconcelos Machado (SENAI – GKN Charqueadas), Press Operator SENAI student at Forging plant, Brazil.
Training and development
GKN knows that its people are central to their success. That’s why they're committed to helping you grow, to developing teams and enabling everyone to reach their potential. GKN has a structured approach to career and personal development, and support all employees to develop their capabilities and realise their aspirations. When you join any of GKN's apprenticeship schemes, you're assigned to a mentor who'll be able to offer advice and support with any issues - work or study based - that you might have during your time as an apprentice.
GKN is committed to the on-going development of all their employees, so your apprenticeship is only the start. If you go on to join one of GKN's teams, they'll continue to support you through investment and training throughout your career.
A world of opportunities
Browse the latest vacancies across GKN and find out how to apply.
Find out more